Cholesterol is a type of fat or lipid that moves in the blood throughout the body. Lipids cannot dissolve in water. The body makes Cholesterol itself. But we can also get Cholesterol naturally from food sources. The only source of Cholesterol in foods comes from animals. When the cholesterol level is imbalanced in the body, it can lead to many Cholesterol-related disorders like hyperlipidemia. Herbs are effective and safe in use. We can use Unani medicines to keep ourselves healthy. We need to focus on daily dietary intake and physical activity to prevent cholesterol-related disorders.
1. Difference between three types of Cholesterol
Cholesterol has three following types, and they are the combination of protein and fat, the lipid attached to the aft and moves into the blood throughout the body:
- High-density lipoprotein
- Low-density lipoprotein
- Very-low density lipoprotein
1.1 High-density lipoprotein:
It is also known as good Cholesterol. This is because it carries cholesterol from different parts of the body and then takes it back to the liver. Thus, the liver plays an important function in the removal of cholesterol from the body.
1.2 Low-density lipoprotein:
It called as bad Cholesterol. Because of bad Cholesterol, plaque formation occurs in the arteries that can block the arteries.
1.3: Very-low density lipoprotein:
It is also known as bad Cholesterol because it also participates in a buildup of plaque in arteries. But the main difference between them is, Low-density lipoprotein carries Cholesterol, where very-low-density lipoprotein carries triglycerides.
2. Causes of Hyperlipidemia
- The main factor that affects the level of Cholesterol in the body is an unhealthy lifestyle. Bad eating habits can lead us towards the unhealthy intake. Eating a lot of bad fats instead of good fats. In meats, eggs, dairy products, baked goods, especially chocolate, and processed food like deep-fried products gives us saturated fat. Another type, trans-fatty acids present in processed foods, can also help to raise your bad cholesterol level in the body.
- Less practice of exercise. Low physical activity can lead us to many health disorders. Less physical activity raises your bad cholesterol level in the body.
- Smoking and Alcohol intake can also decrease the good cholesterol in the body, especially in women. It also increases the bad cholesterol level in the body.
3. Tips to reduce bad cholesterol level
Following are the natural ways to lower cholesterol in the body:
- The first step is to change dietary intake. Take less saturated fats in your diet; because of saturated fats, the level of bad cholesterol in the body increases, giving rise to plaque formation in the arteries. Our intake of monosaturated fats and polyunsaturated should be more, and saturated fat should be less than 10 percent. We should keep the focus on natural cholesterol treatments as compared to today’s modern treatments.
- Obesity is also a reason for high levels of Cholesterol in the body. So, you need to focus on the management of your weight. When you lose extra pounds, it helps to lower bad cholesterol and triglycerides. Obesity can give rise to many Cholesterol- related disorders.
- You should be physically active. At least it should be your routine of doing 3o mins of brisk walk daily. You need to do exercise a minimum of four days a week.
4. Ayurvedic Medicines for Cholesterol
Some herbs and a mixture of herbs can be uses together in Ayurvedic medicine to reduce cholesterol levels in the body. Ayurvedic hyperlipidemia medications are effective. From the bark of the Terminalia Arjuna tree, Arjuna powder made. It is native to India. Arogyavardhini vati is an herb and other substances combination including,
- Guggul (Commiphora wightii)
- Amalaki (Emblica Officinalis)
- Silajatu-suddha (shilajti)
- Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica)
Triphala is another multi herb formulation that is popular in Ayurvedic medicines. It is beneficial to treat high cholesterol levels in the body. Another Ayurvedic herb is Ashwagandha that helps to reduce Cholesterol. Ayurvedic herbs may provide some plant compounds that have the property of cholesterol-lowering by promoting the breakdown of Cholesterol in the body. We can buy Unani medicine online from any reliable herbal online store.
5. Herbal Supplements for Cholesterol Management
Some dietary supplements are effective and safe to use for the management of Cholesterol in the body. For example, supplements like red yeast rice, garlic, flaxseeds for lowering the cholesterol level in the body following herbs are natural cholesterol reducers:
5.1 Red Yeast Rice for Cholesterol-related disorders:
Some red yeast rice products contain monacolins. This substance is produces by yeast. The drug lovastatin for lowering Cholesterol has the same active ingredient as Monacolin K in the red yeast rice, and both are chemically identical. Both can cause side effects. According to the U.S. FDA the red yeast rice products that contain more than trace monacolin K amount cannot be legally sold as dietary supplements.
Flaxseeds are very effective in lowering cholesterol levels. It improves the value of Cholesterol in the body, especially in postmenopausal women and in people with the complaint of high initial concentrations of Cholesterol. Flaxseeds are natural cholesterol medicine, also play an important role in the weight loss journey.
Supplements of garlic can lower the cholesterol level in the body. Garlic supplements can also make the blood thin in the same manners as aspirin. Therefore, it is also helpful for surgery purposes. However, they also have interference with the saquinavir effectiveness. It is a drug that used to treat infections like HIV.
An essential oil present in basil helps to reduce the high cholesterol level in the body. It also has properties of antifungal and antibacterial that helps to remove toxins from the body. In addition, we can chew basil leaves and can drink a decoction of basil leaves to prevent high blood pressure.
Fenugreek is popular for treating stomach disorders. It can also help to control the blood sugar level. Diabetic patients can drink fenugreek water. Ethyl acetate present in fenugreek that helps to reduces cholesterol levels in the blood throughout the body.
Ginger contains bioactive compounds that can reduce coronary heart diseases risk by controlling the level of Cholesterol in the body.
Herbal treatments are 100 percent natural and effective. However, a high level of Cholesterol in the body can lead us to many chronic diseases like heart, liver, and kidney-related illnesses. Therefore, it is important to keep our dietary intake healthy and keep ourselves physically active.
Tags: natural cholesterol medicine, natural cholesterol reducers, hyperlipidemia medications, natural cholesterol treatments, natural ways to lower cholesterol | unani medicine online